VOICES FROM FAR










Tinggalkan komen atau cadangan anda di ruang yang ditetapkan ? Terima kasih. Please leave your comments or suggestions in the comment space as provided respectively.Thank you.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Great wisdom from a tiny tweeny voice from far !!!

Dear listeners,
At this challenging times of rising inflation, food and fuel price crisis, and in the heat of a brewing budget and a by-election, I received great words of wisdom from a tiny tweeny voice from far in New Zealand that behold the greatest placing in my thoughts, heart and soul so much that I need to share it with all my Malaysian listeners


Please read and reflect his relevancy

Hi People,

I'm really glad that people are making the initiative to force people into not buying from Petronas. Well saying don't buy from Petronas but is it really going to solve the ultimate problem? I've got a better solution---don't buy at all (or buy less, to be a bit more practical)!Let's face it: it's a FACT that oil resources are depleting everyday....the price's not going to drop anymore....it might level...but not drop...ever. Think of it, even if a miracle did happen and the US managed to extract more from beneath Greenland or somewhere else, will it cure the hunger for petrol? NO! not at this stage of us using it. need I explain how and why?

I think M'sians are very spoilt---not that I'm saying anyone of you are, well I'm a M'sian too. They complain too much. In New Zealand, not only the government doesn't subsidise petrol/oil, they tax us for using it! Yes they freakin do too! I've had enough of people freakin moaning and whining about the petrol prices. HELLO! complaining is not going to change a thing (refer to 1st paragraph). You have to actually do something about it. Like I said, I hear about people complaining all the time about petrol getting expensive...blah blah blah....but they still drive around in their big 4WD and zoom around like nothing's happen, you actually wonder. I don't see any decrease in the volume of cars on the road! How freakin weird! So I really hope that the petrol price increase some more....govt tax some more...and then people will have to think twice about using their cars, and hopefully the tax can be used to subsidise public transport. Yay! and of course will force all the good-for-nothing boy racers off the road as well. Freakin useless bums!

I know...I'm weird.Now, me, on the other hand, complain about it but actually does something about it too! for example I bike to work most days. now, FYI, you (not you) but you as in people out there, it's freakin cold here in winter at 8am. It's frosty and most days my hands go numb when I bike....I'd love to drive to work and be warm! but because I care about the environment and think far ahead and am considerate....ehem....I actually plan my car trips carefully. and of course, driving to work means having to freakin sit in the car in traffic jams....it's not as bad as KL or Penang but hell, i don't like waiting, and I'd rather be on my bike pumping away rather than sit there, shift gear into 'D', move 2m, shift into "N" and so on and so forth. Just like when I was in KL in 2006....well the MRT's not that flash but at least it's a start. was actually cheaper taking the bus from Subang jaya to central KL, but then if you think about all the time wasted just stuck in the freakin traffic jam, i'd rather pay a bit more and take the MRT.

So, we can start a little something here.....instead of just "Not Buying Petronas", can we also not buy Shell, BP, Mobil and whatever the hell's in sale, or at least cut down usage......please.....ok if you're seriously having to buy, can you also boycott Mobil as well? Coz Mobil is evil...see? it even rhymes...yeah long story but it concerns Mobil Exon company ignoring local people's rights and wanting to chase people out of their homelands because they want to make money.....take public transport, carpool whenever possible....i'm not that extremist as to tell you to not use the car at all, meaning no shopping trips, no travelling...now that's a bit unfair...but some people just use to the extreme so because of them the rest of us has to suffer....

So pass this on to people whom you think might agree, or not. maybe we can start an online forum...haha...most of you are so busy anyway so I'd bet not.kudos to those who try their best and make great effort....i'm not perfect but hey ..remember every little bit counts.Anyway, here's my complaint for today...oh and can't swear too much coz there's "adults" in my "to" list :)

have a nice-ish day

Hao Jin
_
My salute, salute, salute ( 3 ta pek) to you Hao Jin. Because you care, you spoke and we heard.


We need more people like you on this earth especially Malaysia. Now let me put in my 2 sen worth too by leaving you this quote and unquote:-

`People do not always believe what you say but they believe what you do `

Your little ,noble action of biking to work in the cold instead of complaining and driving; is indeed a great step towards the battle against the oil producer.

Yes ! like you say WE as a force can ride through this storm together….

No comments: