VOICES FROM FAR










Tinggalkan komen atau cadangan anda di ruang yang ditetapkan ? Terima kasih. Please leave your comments or suggestions in the comment space as provided respectively.Thank you.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

THE WAY TO GO- Hear the words of New Youth Chief



New Youth Chief accepts
responsibility with humility.










A New Beginning
and ...
the Way To Go .









Newly elected Umno Youth Chief Khairy Jamaluddin admitted that the campaign for the post had been long and resulted in highly strung emotions, but stressed it was now time for all to “rise above our various differences.”

I moderated my expectations and my ambitions. It’s all a blessing because I really feel that I basically just came back from the dead."


I just want to now make sure, by God’s grace, I can make something good out of the opportunity given to me.”

"This is not a majority. I only won because it was a three-way fight. Thus it is important for us to consolidate our strength,” Khairy said in his victory speech.
After all, we competed as friends. In the new exco line-up we have the mix of brave youth (Datuk Seri Dr Khir Toyo’s campaign slogan), dare to change (Datuk Mukhriz Mahathir’s slogan) and friendship."

I urge all of you to be with me when we go to the trenches and face the Opposition. We have great challenges before us,”
he said.

Abdullah noted that in any election there would be winners and losers but when the choice has been made,it was in the interest of the party to accept the new line-up.

This applies to all--the supreme council and the wings. Only then can UMNO become strong,” he said.

Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil is the new Wanita UMNO head.

Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil unseated Tan Sri Rafidah Aziz while Rembau MP Khairy Jamaluddin won the Youth chief’s post, defeating two other strongmen.

The new Puteri chief is Papar MP Datuk Rosnah Shirlin Abdul Rashid, who beat five other candidates, while her deputy is Shahanim Mohd Yusof.

No comments: